Wednesday, February 01, 2006

But I wont do that.

Ten days ago, Video Hits was rolling off the number 1 hit of every year from 1990 till 2004. For 1993 it was the 11.55 minute epic, I'd Do Anything For Love by the rotund rocker Meatloaf.

How do I know it was released in 1993? How do I know the song runs for 11.55? Because I own the album it is cut from: Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell. Reliving about five minutes of the clip lead me to dig up the CD from the very depths of my wardrobe.

Of the many embarrasing albums I puchased as a pre-teen (or tween as modern marketing has come to describe adolescents between the age of 8 and 12) Metaloaf's return to the mainstream Bat Out of Hell II is one of the more notable. Others include Ace of Base's The Sign (the home of hits such as All That She Wants and The Sign) and a Rod Stewart album that may may not have had the song Downtown Train on it.

But I digress...

Bat Out of Hell II wasn't the album alone either, it was the special limited edition enhansed album. This went beyond the duties of a special limited edition enhansed album, this included a poster - a Meatlof poster.

Behond the scarf clenching sexiness:

rockandrolldreams

Clearly my 11 year old self needed a better set of role models.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Ooh! That scarf is making me all hot... I need to get some air...

Did you display that poster on your wall and imitate the pose? Or just listen to the music?

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Bat out of Hell 1 AND 2.

Nothing wrong with the 'Loaf. Nothing at all. He's a law unto himself.

(I particularly like the album covers where they draw him on the front with his same face, but a really muscular Fabio-esque body, usually holding a flag or some shit. In denial? Noooo...)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home