Saturday, January 14, 2006

I never sugarcoat a shakedown.

...and I mean never!

The later half of Friday was spent at the cricket - one day cricket. The Australian innings was pretty entertaining, the Sri Lankan one not so much. The bogan element was alive and well in the crowd, with the blue singlet in force. As were swarms of loud mouth 14 year olds in the formative years of the development of their mature male selves.

Okay. I'm approaching my mid twenties, as Cavalier reminded me during a round of golf on Friday morning. The tendancy is, even in my slightly older youth, to always say 'I was never like that' and 'we weren't such cocks when I was 14' - truth is of course, that we were.

But let it stand that some kids are just cocks.

When I was in my teens, I had misappropriated arrogance and alcohol as an excuse for public displays of wankery. These guys had mob mentality to make up for arrogance, didn't have alcohol as an excuse for two reasons; a) no one would serve them, and b) you cannot get pissed off mid-strength beer that costs $5.20 per glass anyway.

Oh, and one of them had a whistle.

Wankers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

you are my new hero. I love anyone who knows who Orfo and the orange organics are. I have got to give you links of our past pugwall blogging experiences. why oh why did I delete my old blog?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

http://drivelwarehouse.com/tsp2/?p=2821#comments

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home