Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A White Russian Christmas

I'm on holidays, of sorts. I have four main committments, and I am free of 3 of the 4 for the next few weeks. This is a close to a holiday as it gets for me.

*notices the faint sounds of a tiny violin*

The easiest thing about holidays is sleeping in late, and gorgeing myself on a succession of Christmas/New Year social occasions. The hardest thing has been relaxing, it took about a week for me to withdraw from constantly thinking about work, what I have to do next, when I am working next, what needs to be organised.

One of my work commitments is approaching a part of it's lifecycle that is reasonably strategy intensive, the workload is intangible. I get trapped into thinking about it all too much, outside of work hours, at other jobs, in church... well maybe not in church.

Thankfully that has subsided as Melbourne enjoys a period of unseasonably hot weather.

With Jono's cousin Hunter out from the Shetlands, a Scottish (nee Norwegian) outpost, at the Edge of the World; we set about visiting Trentham for a post Boxing Day short 'oliday.

To encapsulate a hot day and a the following days hangover into one long run on sentense, the 'oliday went like this: golf clubs, story about a post op transexual stripper, dry - looks funny, Powderfinger brush with fame story, golf, shafe, beers, blue bar staff, test cricket, whoops, jerky, former owner character assasination, parma, dessert, good white russians, hottest AAMI chick ever, Jono nap, bad white russians, pool, in ter nash on al poole rools, still no good at pool, two lady geologists, general banter, bad pool, references to intimate apparel, Crownie, closed bar, no geologists, nothing, Jono awake, Joe Pesci movie, illadvised hour long walk in the dark in the name of fitness, random text message, strategic text message, attempt at reading, sleep, 9am knock at the door, seedy, golf, nap, seediness, home.

Ahh, I guess you had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home